Earrings are a staple of fashion choices. It is, after all, an accessory which has existed in as early as 2500 B.C. The very first pair is said to be used by Egyptian royalty. And this hasn’t changed since then. Women still see earrings as an essential piece to complete a look. Thus, this Christmas season, what better gift is there than a pair of earrings? Can’t make up your mind on which pair? Well, run through our list of Top 10 Earrings to help you get jewelry gift ideas for Christmas 2008.
1. Round Hoop Earrings – These funky pair of hoops are versatile enough to wear on casual day trips or during celebratory night outs. You may choose between a 14K gold/yellow gold and a white gold version.
2. Boxed Stud Earring Set – Here’s a gift idea that will guarantee the recipient a different look for every day of the week. There is variety in the choice of peridot, amethyst, garnet, blue topaz, and citrine stones. Each piece is set in sterling silver framing and comes with individual boxes for each pair.
3.Yellow and White Gold Hoop Earrings – This pair shows the perfect marriage sophistication and art. There is art in the craftsmanship shown in the intertwining of the 14K yellow gold and white gold pieces. The overall finish is the sophistication of its two-tone look.
4. Karat Heart Dangle Earrings – These Karat earrings bring about a wistfulness of young love with its dangling mini-hearts. Made from pure .585 PT Karat Platinum, this is a perfect gift for the young and the young at heart.
5. Tahitian Pearl Stud Earrings – Are you looking for something exotic yet elegant? Well, a pair of Tahitian pearls should be a fine choice. The black finish brings an edgy quality to the overall look. The Tahitian cultured pearls, on the other hand, are exquisite on their own accord. With this pair, you can be unique and elegant all at once. It comes inside a luxury-finished wood box.
6. Celtic Hook Earrings – From the intricate twists and loops to the pristine blue topaz, this piece would be great to wear during parties and nights at the bars. The pair is fun, eclectic, and eye-catching and is perfect for those with converging tastes in fashion. The Celtic knotwork is from sterling silver and encases an oval blue topaz at each end.
7. Teardrop Earrings – Here’s a pair that would give you a faint exotic touch. This pair features garnet teardrop-shaped stones, wrapped halfway in sterling silver marcasite. The pair is a great piece of accessory that can aptly complement a Bohemian-inspired outfit.
8. Garnet Hoop Earrings – This piece features five gem stones per earring, lined along the contours of every sterling silver frame. The garnet gemstone would look marvelous when worn to candlelit dinners, as it sparkles so similarly as red wine.
9. Butterfly Earrings – Cute and youthful; those are the words to describe this particular piece. Four gemstones consist the shape of a butterfly. Each piece is detailed, every “butterfly” even has a pair of anntenae (of sterling silver) to complete the shape of the winged creature.
10. Mesh Hoop Earrings – Classic pieces are called as such because they can go greatly with any look, occasion, and even other accessories. And this pair of mesh hoop earrings would be a worthy investment for those planning to collect classic pieces. This 14K yellow gold mesh hoop earrings would go well with any outfit. She can wear it with a flowing Grecian-style dress, a maxi dress ensemble, or with a tank top and jeans.